How to obtain an Uzbek Visa? Uzbekistan Visa support
In order to travel to Uzbekistan, you will need to obtain a Visa, tourist or business. We can help you in this matter and fulfill all necessary procedures for you to obtain Uzbekistan Visa. Please, Contact us for more information.
Following documents are required to apply for Visa*:
- Passport copy
- Employment certificate from your employer
- Home address and contact information
- Time and period of stay in Uzbekistan
- Marital status
- We provide Visa support for free of charge if you book all the hotel stays through our agency.
UzbekTraveller.com does not carry responsibility for the non-implementation or timeliness of Visa provision by the consular sections of embassies, nor is UzbekTraveller.com responsible for Visa rejection.
Should the Customer cancel their paid order, the service of Visa support shall be automatically terminated.
Basically, any person wishing to obtain Visa will need to have an "official invitation/letter of support" which will be processed at your nearest Uzbek embassy/consulate. When you contact us and apply for a Visa, please get your itinerary draft ready, so that we can assist you better and meet your needs.
All travelers, even those simply transiting Uzbekistan for less than 72 hours, must obtain an Uzbek Visa before traveling to Uzbekistan. If you plan an overnight stay or have a long layover, you will need a Visa to exit the transit lounge of the airport.
It is only necessary for citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, the Russian Federation and Ukraine to carry a passport (Visa is not required). There is a simplified Visa procedure for the citizens of Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States. To obtain a Tourist Visa, all other foreign nationals need Visa support from one of the Travel Companies authorized by the National Tourism Company "Uzbektourism". Visa support application is submitted by the Travel Agency to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in Tashkent. The approval period is about 4 - 7 working days for Urgent Visa and 7-10 working days for usual Visa.
The approved Visa support is faxed directly to the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the country where the traveler is receiving the Visa.
Visa can be obtained in the Consular Missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad. In the Tashkent Airport Visa can only be issued to those persons who are arriving from the countries where the Republic of Uzbekistan does not have permanent diplomatic or consular missions.
The Republic of Uzbekistan has missions in following countries: Afghanistan, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium (Luxemburg), Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, the USA, and Vietnam; and consular departments in following cities: Athens (Greece), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE), Frankfurt-am-Main (Germany), Istanbul (Turkey), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Mazar-e-Sharif (Afghanistan), New-York (USA).
Visitors coming from countries where Uzbekistan does not have diplomatic or consular representation should obtain Visas in a third country or in Tashkent International Airport.
We will book the all the nights accommodation for you in your desired Hotels in Tashkent and in other cities depending on your tour package. This is necessary while receiving Visa at Uzbek embassy. Also, this information will be asked at airport immigration desk when you will arrive to Tashkent. If you lack such documents on arrival in Tashkent, you may not be permitted to enter the country.
If you apply for a Visa in a country without Uzbek diplomatic representation, you must show letters of invitation and approval in order to board the plane. At Tashkent airport, immigration officers will check them against their copies, and issue the Visa for the appropriate fee. If they fail to find your name on their lists, contend that your Visa is still being processed. A friendly tone aids all negotiations, as does apologetic ignorance of the changing rules.
To apply for Visa please mail us to: info@UzbekTraveller.com
Uzbekistan Visa Support
Our company has a license №685-11 from the National Tourism Agency "Uzbektourism", which authorizes us to provide travelers with Uzbek visa support if required, provided you purchase one of our tour packages.
UzbekTraveller.com fees for Visa support:
Individual tourist visa:
- up to 2 weeks - US$ 25 per person (children under 12 years -US$ 15);
- up to 1 month - US$ 45 per person (children under 12 year -US$ 25).
- Group visa (10 and more travelers):
- up to 1 month - US$ 15 per person.
- up to 72 hours - US$ 20 per person.
Individual tourist visa: for a period of:
- up to one week stay - US$ 40;
- up to 15 days stay - US$ 50;
- up to 1 month stay - US$ 60;
- up to 3 months stay - US$ 80.
- For each additional entry the fee of US$ 10 is charged.
- up to 15 days for each person - US$ 15 (group consisting of not less than 10 persons, excluding children under age 16);
- Group visa for 30 or more days per person - US$ 25.
- up to 24 hours stay - US$ 20;
- up to 48 hours stay - US$ 25;
- up to 72 hours stay - US$ 30;
- for Double entry - US$ 40.
There is a fee for visa extension:
- up to 24 hours - US$ 15;
- up to 30 days - US$ 50.
- tourist Visa fee for USA & Israeli citizens: up to one month - US$ 120;
- Uzbekistan and Japan on a mutual basis issue Consular Free visas;
- in addition to these charges are payments for actual expenditures. The extra service fee depends on the country the visa is issued (regardless the citizenship of an applicant);
- consular fees are paid at the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan or at the consular department.
At the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan the following applications are required:
1. Visa support (invitation letter from Travel Company);
2. Valid passport;
3. Completed application form;
4. 2 passport-size photo;
5. Fee, payable on collection of visa;
6. Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applying by post;
7. Evidence of purpose of visit.
It is possible to obtain a visa at the international arrivals lounge of Tashkent airport, if the following conditions are met:
- in the country of origin of arriving guest there is no Uzbekistan Embassy and Consulate and
- the tourist has a connecting flight to Uzbekistan, which does not leave him enough time to go to the Embassy of Uzbekistan in the second country from which he is flying to Uzbekistan, or
- one is flying to Uzbekistan directly from a country where Uzbekistan has no Embassy or Consulate. Copies of airplane tickets (which prove the above) should be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tashkent together with the visa application form. If the visa support is approved, officials from the visa department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will issue visas at the airport.
Visa Extension conditions
Validity period of visa for foreign passport holders in Uzbekistan may be extended at authorized branches of OVIR upon provision of valid reason for said extension.
Temporary residence conditions
According to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dd. 16.04.1999 No 178 foreign citizens visiting Uzbekistan on temporary basis must submit documents for registration at the place of residence within 72 hours upon arrival to Uzbekistan. Registration is not necessary if you arrive to Uzbekistan during weekend or holidays or if a period of your stay will not exceed three working days. During stay in a hotel your stay will be registered by hotel administration. Upon checking out you should remember of taking the registration form with you stamped by the hotel administration.
Please note that Business Visa holders require special authorization to stay in private homes, which should be obtained prior to arrival in Uzbekistan. Ask your inviting business or organization to help you with this. Without such authorization, you will be required to stay in authorized hotels, where they will register you automatically.
Importantly, Uzbek visas indicate not only the validity of the visa, but also the period of time a person is allowed to stay in Uzbekistan on a given trip. Therefore, it is important to indicate your intended period of stay when applying for your Uzbek visa.
Travel around Uzbekistan by rail or land sometimes requires brief exits into neighboring countries. Travelers should have a multiple entry Uzbek visa and proper visas for the neighboring countries in order to avoid delays in travel. Please review your itinerary.